20.10.05

Mr. Rogers' Influence

i remember mr. rogers' neighborhood. i liked it. the puppets were neat and i generally don't like puppets. he read things and i dunno what else.. but i do remember the shoes and the sweater. you remember, right? he would come in and change his shoes and his sweater and then switch back when he left at the end of the show. it all seemed quite ridiculous to me at the time.
well i seem to do that now. i get to work and take off my jacket and put on my sweatshirt or lab coat. and change my boots (for when i ride my motorcycle) to my lab shoes. and when i leave i reverse the process. when i get home i talk off my shoes and coat. and put on a coat since it is easier and cheaper than raising the temperature in the house. oh well... at least he taught me something.

3 comments:

k2h said...

at least you don't go around to people saying "won't you be my neighbor?"

Janell said...

I don't change my shoes when I go to work but I do when I get home... our place has nice light colored carpet so we leave our shoes at the door. I often put on slippers so my feet don't get cold. :)

forkev said...

i wear a coat at home. cheeper then heat! alodia doesn't like that so much.