6.11.04

I almost started a FIRE

okay so my weird take on life (currently) is that if you feel guilty about something you need to confess. or if you do something that is wrong you should confess (even if it isn't the typically sin thing). I get this from the old testament where people offered sacrifices for sinning unknowingly (see for instance Leviticus 4)
if i did something that resulted in an error (even if unintentionally) and i don't acknowledge that then i am lying to myself and others. and bearing false witness (saying everything went fine) is against the commandments, even if i did the whole thing unintentionally. so here's my public confession.
yesterday i was curing my plastic which involves letting it sit under a UV lamp for an hour or two. this lamp is set up in another lab for reasons that are long but not neccesary to know. when i first started doing this i would sit down there with the stuff for the hour since i didn't know if things were going to go wrong and the lamp gets pretty hot. recently i have been not staying down there because nothing had been going wrong. yesterday the lamp fell out of its clamp and squarely on top of my stuff so it formed this little dome of heat over my sample on the table. when i got down there, it smelled bad, the dish i had my sample in had melted and the table was really hot. i kinda smelled like burnt particle board for a few hours. so from now on, even though it seems stupid, i'll sit down with my stuff for hours.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

blame your mum,,,, who leaves stuff on the stove unattended, does not use teakettles to heat water, and has an iron that turns itself off for a reason