11.10.04

parking pass

day 1 of my parking pass experiment.

the situation: i park probably 1/2 mi to 3/4 mi from the building i work/teach in and pay $60 a year for this privilege. last year i paid $150 to park 1/8 mi to 1/4 mi from "my" building, this year that amount of money would get me a parking spot 500 ft away from the current $60 parking. since i am parking in the boondocks (with several vehicles that seemed to be stored by the university like a boat that never moves) i am curious if i even needed to pay the $60.

the test: instead of properly displaying my permit (hanging it on my rearview mirror) i am just tucking it in my dash face down. i know that if any parking lot ticket person comes by they will give me a gentle ticket of "please display your permit properly" and not a real ticket. then i will know how often parking people actually check the "blue" lot.

the theory: i don't think anyone actually cares who parks in blue parking and i am betting i won't get a reminder for the rest of the semester.

No comments: